Saturday, January 16, 2016

Change of plans

Well, I had planned on starting my competition outfit for Costume-Con this weekend.


A group from my local costume guild agreed to go with me to Pride & Prejudice & Zombies when it opens in a few weeks. Jane Austin and zombies! How can you beat that?

So now I'm making my first Regency costume!

Which means that I finally got to dig out the La Mode Bagatelle pattern for a lady's Regency wardrobe that I bought a decade ago and never used.


After a quick overview of my fabric inventory notebook, I realized that I had fabric to make the bodiced petticoat undergarment and some fine cotton gauze for an overdress, but nothing suitable for the main dress.

Cue a quick run to Joann Fabrics!

And there I found that there's not a lot of thin or sheer cotton to be found in the middle of winter.
Go figure.

Anyway...I found a nice blue semi-sheer cotton with a woven stripe. Just right. :-)
Got all of my pattern cut out tonight, so I'm all ready to sew up a storm tomorrow.

Wish me luck!


  1. Woo hoo! I'm glad I've already got a dress. But it's cold enough that I could totally make some sort of wrapper or spencer to go over it. Hmm... *plots*

  2. Can't wait to see the finished product :)