Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Fabulous Fabric



Okay, now that Costume Con is over, I can start posting all of the entries that I wrote way back when I started this blog. You remember --- that's why I started this whole thing?


When I talked about it, I put up the intro and talked about the pattern (which I ended up not using actually).
Now on to the things I wrote back then:


Got the fabric! Yay!!!!!

Beautiful, smooth, shiny, crisp ….
So many adjectives, so little time.

The color isn’t as peach as the picture appeared on the web site. It’s more of a beautiful cross between peach and baby pink. “Pinch” or “Peak”, maybe? (grin)

And it’s nice and tightly woven, too. Just like a good taffeta should be. No raveling at the ends at all. I showed it to some costumers here and one of them said that it looked almost plastic because it was so smooth and reflective. No slubs on this silk!

No comments:

Post a Comment