|Me & hubby as the gangster and moll.|
I used the 1924 2-hour dress pattern layout that's floating all over the internet. I made the under-dress in plain beige satin that I had in my stash. Then I put it on my dress form and draped the outer dress right on top of it in order to take advantage of the beadwork patterns on the sari. The only change I made was to make the rectangles for the skirt wider for the outer dress. This made the chiffon drape a little at the sides to give it a nice fluttery effect. I then cut out some beadwork sections from the remaining part of the sari and used them to trim the back neckline of the dress. I also used some of the remaining sari to make the matching head band.
It's too bad the photos don't show the full, glittery effect of the silver bullion embroidery!
|Me, Jennifer & Bethany in our flapper glory.|
|Full length shot.|